I don’t define a lifehack as a shortcut or “good idea”, but as when you productively use a tool for a task that it wasn’t intended to perform.
- When you are at a picnic or the beach use a shoe as a drink holder
- Use a latte spoon to dispense and spread mayonnaise from the jar
- Use an empty complementary shampoo bottle from a hotel as a razor holder in the shower
- Use a boot bag in the car boot to organise your emergency rain coats
- Depending on your type of car, Vegemite jars can make excellent change holders for parking (use a Sharpie to write the currency on the lid)
- Use the postal service as a substitute for a bag (i.e. if you don’t want to bring the book/papers you were reading on a journey back with you, put them in a prepaid envelope and spend the rest of the evening with nothing to carry)
in addition to the above, there are a few lifehacks that I’ve seen elsewhere and believe should be more widely known:
- Use the USB slot of the TV in a hotel room to charge your phone, and avoid having to pack a cumbersome plug adaptor
Don’t forget though, habits > hacks.